Monday, December 08, 2008

Out of the Abyss



I think I like this version better. Couple things on my mind or at least coming out of my mind. Reflecting on the past year and all that occurred while also looking to the future to direct the infinite present. Had a nice show this weekend but i'll come back to that in a moment.
Quote of the month: "Get that weak shit off my track!!" Speed Racer
Thats my rally cry for the New Year. Sometimes i want to say that to my students but mostly I'll be directing that back at myself as i create art in 2009. Oh and Speed Racer was an elegant fucking movie. Much as I have a difficult relationship with all things Wachowski this movie hit the mark. it was mythical and at the same time i felt like the little kid in the seventies who watched the carton with my big brother. " Go Speed Racer Go!!!!
So the MAC had another show this weekend at the Jackson Community House. Much smaller and more focused than the National Center show. i hope its a sign of things to come. Our name is beginning to be known and i did a little viral advertising with the Out of the Abyss image.


I created three different images using three paintings from the show five copies of each. only three were left at the end. The branding of Abyss has begun. If Montgomery don't knw my face by the end of all this they will know my Psuedonym. i will do the same for the mural when that is put up at the National Center for the study of Civil Rights and African American heritage. See cause the MAC is all about creating a bridge from the dynamic civil rights past of Montgomery AL to its quiet but potent present. Oh and my birthday is at the end of this month.
So Out of the Abyss. From nothing something.
One love

No comments: