Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Adventures In and Out of Boxes: HOD. Page Nine




LOGOS

On a personal level this is the process of individuation. But what shall we make of our collective efforts at differentiation? What are the consequences of our collective struggle? Carl Jung says:
“The paternal principle, the Logos,… eternally struggles to extricate itself from the primal warmth and primal darkness of the maternal womb; in a word, from unconsciousness.” (ibid)
Jung associates the paternal principle with Logos, and Logos with ‘divine curiosity.’ This divine curiosity seeks the evolution of consciousness, bringing forth the potential and possibility of human awareness. Jung says,
“Divine curiosity yearns to be born and does not shrink from conflict, suffering, or sin.” (ibid)
from:
http://pathofsoul.org/2013/05/21/our-battle-with-sacred-mother/


 
 
 
I am not trying to turn this into a pretentious artist's guide to simplified Jungian ideology.  What is happening is discovery of meaning in response to experienced phenomena.  (Okay maybe a little pretentious...) In all honesty I have intentions when these images are drawn but deeper understanding occurs in reflection.  My desire for a healthy anima demanded a strong sense of self.  During the time of my separation and divorce I crawled into a cave(as I am want to do) and addressed the basic necessities to maintain or reconstruct my sanity. 
 
What shall we use
To fill the empty spaces
Where we used to talk?
How shall I fill the final places?
How should I complete the wall
-EmptySpaces
by Pink Floyd
*with thanks to my college roommate Bill and his love for Pink Floyd that he passed on to me.
 
I got this icebox where my heart used to be (but I got this)
I got this icebox where my heart used to be (said I got this)
I'm so cold, I'm so cold, I'm so cold, I'm so cold
I'm so cold, I'm so cold, I'm so cold
-Ice Box
by Omarion
*with apologies cause I love some pop songs without reason.
 
 
I put down some things and some people that weren't moving me forward looked at how much stock I put in others evaluations of me.  I accidently realized I got FREE.  I found out what FREE meant and how much responsibility it is.  Still working on that.  So once again I end in meditation and work towards another realization.   

 
 
 
 
Reading List:            Anything drawn by Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel & Carlos Pacheco.  
                                 Trying to learn how to draw some dynamic superhero shit.
                                  
 
 
Listening List:         WordBallon Podcast: Most recent Bendis tapes. 1/14/2014.
                                On Being Podcast: Patrick Bellegarde-Smith on Living Voudou.    1/9/2014.
                                Paper Wings Podcast: Interview with Marvel studios storyboard artist
                                 Justin Copeland.  PWP#23, 11/13/2012.
                                 5'o'clock. T-pain.
 
Watching List:        House of Cards Trilogy(UK): Part 3: The Final Cut. WOW. Please check it out
                                on Netflix.
                                Army Wives: Season 5&6.  Guilty pleasure.
                                Firefly. Season One.  Studying Whedon...And no Sigler I am not watching Buffy
                                or Angel... I just ain't doing it yet.
                                Tudors. Season One.  Nice and Ribald! Weird seeing the Man of Steel getting
                                 freaky!
                           


No comments: